We received a lot of feedback on our Android beta application and we’re happy to announce some major improvements today. In the new build you will find below fixes:
- Usability & layout
- All screens are usable in landscape mode, so the Android application is usable on landscape devices (e.g. HTC chacha, …)
- Crashes due to memory problems when adding images are solved.
- Annoying lay-out issues (e.g. buttons halfway the screen) are fixed.
- Spot and deal descriptions are not hidden behind a swipe anymore, but are integrated in the main screen and is scrollable.
- In the nearby section, you cannot choose your distance anymore (and we removed the ugly refresh button )
- The numbers on the badges are made bigger, to make them easier to read.
- The bug with the missing category buttons is fixed.
- The text shouts in the nearby section are shown now.
- The data collecting speed goes much faster.
- Almost all ‘loading’ popups that block the application are gone.
- No more constant information reloads in the ‘nearby’ section.
- Logging is limited to real errors (no passordhashes, no urls, …).
- Share to twitter has a link to the spot or deal.
So, why not download the new build?
We’ve also started working on a redesign of our application, based on your feedback. We will update both iOS and Android app with a better user experience. Your feedback was very valuable to us and we hope you’ll be as pleased as we are. We’d especially like to thank Joris, Jelle, Steven, Tim, Marieke, Maarten, Bram, Thibault, Liesbeth, Ronny, Samuel, Thomas, Jian, Xewix, Jan-Joris and Steven.
Just to give you an idea, here is one of our first mock-ups!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, mail them to email@example.com!